Miriyala Annam Recipe
Photo Credit: http://divyascookingjourney.blogspot.in/2011/06/pepper-rice-miriyala-annam.html
|Miriyala Annam Recipe|
- 1 cup Rice
- 3 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 2 dry Red Chilies
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- ¼ tbsp Asafetida
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Tamarind Pulp
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Salt (to taste)
- Fried Cashew Nuts (for garnishing)
How to make Miriyala Annam:
- Wash the rice well and cook as usual. Set aside.
- Place a saucepan on heat and roast black pepper, urad dal, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and dry red chilies.
- Remove and grind them to a fine powder.
- Place another saucepan on medium fire and heat ghee in it.
- Add mustard seeds and allow them to splutter.
- Add asafetida and curry leaves. Fry for a few seconds.
- Add sat and tamarind pulp. Mix well and bring the contents to a boil.
- Add the spice powder and cook till the oil separates from the gravy.
- Remove from heat and mix with the cooked rice.
- Garnish with fried cashew nuts.
Serve Miriyala Annam hot, with yoghurt.