Mongolian Beef Rice Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.macaroniandcheesecake.com/2012/02/mongolian-beef.html
|Mongolian Beef Rice Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||55 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 2 cups long-grain Rice
- 8 oz Beef Tenderloin (thinly sliced)
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 stalks Leeks (sliced diagonally)
- 1 inch Ginger (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 stalk shredded Scallion (white part)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Chinese Cooking Wine
- 2 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 3 dashes White Pepper Powder
- 1/8 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 tsp Maggi Seasoning
- Salt and Sugar (to taste)
How to make Mongolian Beef Rice:
- Combine meat with cornstarch, soy sauce, water, and Chinese cooking wine in a bowl. Keep it for 30 minutes to marinate.
- In the meanwhile, cook rice, with 3 cups of water, 1 tbsp salt and 1 tbsp oil until about tender. Keep aside, half covered.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and stir fry the marinated beef until they half-cooked. Remove the meat from the pan and keep aside.
- Add the remaining oil and fry garlic and ginger until aromatic.
- Combine all the ingredients to make the oyster sauce mixture.
- Add beef, marinated sauce, and prepared oyster sauce. Stir fry until beef starts cooking.
- Add leeks and stir frequently.
- Add rice, mix gently, and cover to blend the aroma uniformly.
- Add salt and sugar to taste. Stir.
- Remove from heat and garnish with shredded scallions.
- Serve hot.