Mushroom and Swiss Burger Meatloaf Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/grilled-mushroom-swiss-burger/75c9a3b3-64ea-44e7-ade6-126f49461033
|Mushroom and Swiss Burger Meatloaf Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 Egg
- 2 slices Pumpernickel Bread
- 6 slices deli-sliced Swiss Cheese
- 1 (4.5 oz) can drained & sliced Mushrooms
- 1 lb Ground Chuck
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Sweet Onion
- ½ cup petite-cut Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Green Pepper
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Sweet Chili Sauce
How to make Mushroom and Swiss Burger Meatloaf:
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Apply a light coat of vegetable oil to a loaf pan about five inches deep.
- Make small pieces of the pumpernickel bread with the hands, and place them into one large jar of the food processor. Run the food processor several times to break the bread into crumbs.
- Squeeze and drain out the juice from the tomatoes.
- Lightly mix the pumpernickel crumbs, ground chuck, ground pork, egg, onion, diced tomatoes, 1/4 cup of the reserved juice from the tomatoes, green pepper, onion powder, garlic salt, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce together in a bowl until the mixture is very well combined.
- The meatloaf needs to be tough, so do not mix it too much to make it all squishy.
- Transfer half the meat mixture into the bottom of the prepared loaf pan.
- Place three slices of Swiss cheese over the meat mixture, top evenly with the mushrooms.
- Top the mushrooms with the remaining 3 slices of Swiss cheese, and spread the rest of the meat mixture in an even layer over the cheese.
- Cook this meatloaf in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, then remove from oven and spread with the chili sauce and spread it evenly.
- Transfer the meatloaf back in the oven and bake until the juices run clear and the chili sauce has thickened into a glaze, about 15 more minutes.
- Let the meatloaf stand for 10 minutes and slice it after it is slightly cooler.