Mushroom Chettinad Recipe
|Mushroom Chettinad Recipe|
|Rating||8.7 / 10 (10 votes)|
- 3 cups Mushrooms (cleaned and chopped)
- Minced Cilantro for garnishing
- 1 tsp Tamarind paste
- Salt to taste
For spice mixture:
- 2 Dried Red Chillies
- 1 tbsp Chana Dal
- 5 Black Peppercorns
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 5 Fresh Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
How to make Mushroom Chettinad:
- Saute together all the ingredients for spice mixture.
- Cool and make fine powder by grinding in a coffee grinder.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry mustard seeds and curry leaves for few seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and saute. Add salt to taste.
- Add the spice mixture when mushrooms start releasing water.
- Saute them for a few minutes on medium heat.
- Now add tamarind paste and stir the mixture for a minute.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice.