Napoleon Tort Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.kitchenrussian.com/articles/view/43
|Napoleon Tort Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- For Pastry Layers:
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 Egg Whites (stiffly beaten)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Vodka
- A pinch of Salt
- 2 cups Flour
For the Custard Filling:
- 10 Egg Yolks
- 1 Egg White
- 2½ cups Sugar
- 6 tbsp Flour
- 6 cups Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Essence
- 250 g Butter
- Finely crumbled Chocolates (to serve)
How to make Napoleon Tort:
- Combine butter, sugar, and egg whites. Beat until sugar dissolves and the mixture turns creamy.
- Stir in sour cream and vodka.
- Gradually add salt and flour. Mix until the dough is soft and pliable. Chill for an hour.
- Divide the dough into 12 parts and press to shape each part into 8 inch circles with even thickness.
- Bake each layer on a buttered baking pan in a preheated oven to 190 degrees C until golden brown for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Prepare the custard filling by heating milk in a large saucepan. Do not boil.
- Combine egg yolks, egg white, and sugar. Beat until creamy.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into milk and stir until thick and creamy.
- Stir in vanilla and butter.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Stir frequently to cool the mixture.
- Place cooked pastry layers in a platter and pour an even layer of filling.
- Crumble few pastry layers on the top.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- Remove and decorate with finely crumbled chocolates.
- Serve chilled.