Orange Pie Recipe
|Orange Pie Recipe|
|Preparation Time||20 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||45 Minutes|
|Rating||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 1 (9 inch) Unbaked Pie Crust
- 3 Egg Yolks (beaten)
- ½ cup White Sugar
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 tbsp Butter (melted)
- 1 tbsp Orange Zest (grated)
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 3 Egg Whites
- 6 tbsp White Sugar
- 1 large Orange (segmented)
How to make Orange Pie:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Whisk together egg yolks and ½ cup sugar until pale and well-blended.
- Stir-in flour, melted butter, grated orange rind, and orange juice. Mix well & pour into the pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and bake for another 25 minutes, or until custard is set.
- Beat egg whites in a bowl until foamy.
- Gradually add 6 tbsp sugar, beat constantly until whites peaks form. Spread this mixture all over the baked pie crust.
- Place again in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until upper surface is golden brown.
- Cool & garnish with orange segments.
- Serve thereafter.