Photo Credit: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/uk/london/restaurant-recipes/9070111/London-restaurant-recipe-HIX-at-The-Albemarles-ginger-parkin.html
||10 Minutes |
||80 Minutes |
- 2 cup Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Ginger (minced)
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Margarine
- 1 cup Molasses & Honey (mixed)
How to make Parkin:
- Soak oat in the milk for around ½ hour.
- Blend flour, baking powder, ginger and sugar.
- Heat margarine, mix molasses & honey to it.
- Blend oat, flour and margarine mixture together.
- Pour it in the baking pan & bake in the oven at 325°F for 45 minutes, until it comes out from the sides of the pan and gets fluffy.
- Remove from the oven and keep aside to cool.