Parsi Prawn Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.bawibride.com/mamaijis-red-curry/
|Parsi Prawn Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 1 cup Prawns (shelled and cleaned )
- 1 Onion (finely sliced)
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- ½ tsp Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup Tamarind Juice or 1 tsp Tamarind Pulp
- 10 tbsp grated Jaggery
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
For the Paste:
- 9 cloves Garlic
- 4 dry Red Chilies
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¾ tsp Cumin Seeds
How to make Parsi Prawn:
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the finely sliced onion until golden brown.
- Add the ground paste and fry until aromatic. Add prawns and stir well to mix with onion.
- Add chopped onion, coriander and salt and mix well.
- Add some water and cover to cook on low heat until prawns are cooked.
- Add tamarind pulp and jaggery and cook until jaggery melts completely.
- Serve with steamed rice and dal after garnishing with coriander leaves.