Photo Credit: http://www.fauziaskitchenfun.com/recipes/meaty-dishes-steaks/paya-curry-trotters
||5.5 / 10 (4 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- 1 dozen Goat Legs
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- 8 Cloves
- 6 Whole Elakas
- 1 inch piece of Pattai
- 2 Onions (minced)
- 2 Green Chilies (minced)
- 10 Mint Leaves (minced)
- Few Coriander Leaves (minced)
- 2 Tomatoes (chopped)
- ½ Coconut (grated)
- 1½ tbsp Poppy Seeds
- Oil (as required)
- Lime Juice
For The Paste:
- 1 inch piece Ginger
- 10 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Green Chilies
- Few Coriander Leaves
- 1 tsp cooked Sombu
How to make Paya:
- Grind all the ingredients to make the paste.
- Combine coconut and poppy seeds with water and grind to a fine paste.
- Place meat with turmeric powder, salt, and water in a pressure cooker and cook for 1 hour on low flame.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry pattai, cloves, and elakas.
- Stir in onions, green chilies, and mint leaves. Fry until the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the prepared ginger paste and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in coconut and cook on low flame.
- Put tomatoes and simmer until soft.
- Add the lamb and its liquid to the tomato mixture. Cook on high flame for 10 minutes or until the mixture gets thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Decorate with coriander leaves and serve hot with chapattis.