Poached Pears Recipe
|Poached Pears Recipe|
||10.0 / 10 (3 votes)|
- 4 Firm Pears (peeled)
- 4 cups Water
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 1 Lemon (peeled and juiced)
How to make Poached Pears:
- Place the water and sugar in a deep saucepan and gently heat it, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the peeled pears in water along with the lemon peel.
- When the sugar syrup is just below boiling point add the lemon peel and lemon juice, cinnamon stick and vanilla pod.
- Stir, add the peeled pears and lower the flame.
- Cook until the pears have softened.
- Once cooked, remove the pears and leave them to cool outside of the syrup.
- Poached Pears are ready to be served.