Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
|Poppy Seed Cake Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 1 cup Poppy Seeds
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 cup Butter
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Flour
- Salt (to taste)
How to make Poppy Seed Cake:
- Separate the egg whites and yolks.
- Combine poppy seeds, honey, and water in a pan. Stir and cook for 5-7 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl until creamy. Stir in poppy seeds.
- Stir in egg yolks, one by one, whipping nicely after each addition.
- Mix in sour cream and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Combine poppy seeds liquid with the flour mixture.
- Pour egg whites in a bowl and beat well. Gently mix in the poppy seed mixture.
- Beat in the egg yolk mixture.
- Pour the batter in a greased baking pan and bake at 350 °F for 75 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve cold.