Pudina Rice Recipe
|Pudina Rice Recipe|
|Rating||8.4 / 10 (32 votes)|
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 2 Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Cardamom, crushed
- 1 tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 1 cup Mint Leaves (Pudina), chopped
- 4 Green Chilies, chopped
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tbsp Oil
How to make Pudina Rice:
- First, soak the rice in water for about half an hour. In the meanwhile, blend pudina and green chillies to make a fine paste. Keep the paste aside.
- Once soaked, strain the water from the rice and spread it in a plate.
- Now, take a pan and heat ghee in it. Pour the soaked rice and sauté for five minutes.
- Remove the fried rice from the stove and keep aside.
- Take a separate pan and put 2 tablespoons of ghee in it. Add cinnamon stick, cloves and nutmeg powder to the heated ghee.
- Sauté them for a while and then add the chopped onion. Fry until the onions turn translucent. Now, add the ginger -garlic paste and sauté for another two minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and fry till they soften. In the tomato mix, add potatoes and pudina paste and saute for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Now, pour 3 cups of water in the mixture. Bring the water to boil and then add rice and salt.
- Mix well and pressure cook. Remove from the flame after two whistles.
- Serve hot Pudina Rice with raita.