Rice Pastry Recipe
Photo Credit: http://pizzarossa.me/2012/04/02/savoury-rice-tart/
|Rice Pastry Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||8 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- For Pastry Dough:
- 500 gm Fine Rye Flour
- Salt to taste
- 150 - 200 ml Water
- 1-2 tbsp Turnip Rape Oil
For the Filling:
- 150 gm Short Grain Rice
- 300 ml Water
- 650 ml Whole Milk
- 2 Egg Yolks
- Pinch of Salt
- Lump of Butter
For the Brushing:
- ½ cup Whole Milk
- Lump of Butter
How to make Rice Pastry:
- To make filling take water in a pan and get it to boil.
- Pour into rice and heat until water is absorbed in.
- Put in milk and get it to boil again.
- Then heat it for 2 min stirring continuously.
- Next cook it covered on low flame for 30 min. Stir it occasionally.
- Mix in butter and keep it covered to the side to let it cool.
- Add egg yolks to the mixture and flavor it with salt to taste.
- Take flour with salt in a bowl and mix it well.
- Put in oil, water little at a time and knead it into firm dough.
- Shape the dough into 15-20 even size balls and spread out them into thin discs using rolling pin.
- Place little rice filling in the middle of the pie discs and lift the ends towards the center. Pinch the side ends.
- Layer parchment paper in a baking sheet and transfer in the pastries.
- Bake it at 255-300°C for 5-8 min or until it begins to brown. Coat the pastries with butter and keep it covered with parchment paper in a bowl for 30 min.
- For brushing take milk in a pan and heat it well.
- Put in butter and cook until it melts. Dip each pastry one at time in a milk mixture and place all in a bowl. Keep it covered with towel for 30 min.
- Serve it hot.