Rice Puttu Recipe
Photo Credit: http://festivals.iloveindia.com/onam/rice-puttu.html
|Rice Puttu Recipe|
||7.3 / 10 (3 votes)|
- 1/2 kg Rice
- Water to sprinkle
- 1/2 Grated coconut
- Salt to taste
How to make Rice Puttu:
- Soak rice in water for about 4 hours, drain and grind it to make powder.
- Cook the powder for about 5 minutes, while heating stir it.
- Let it cool.
- Combine salt with little water and sprinkle this to the powdered rice just to make the powder wet.
- Place a handful of grated coconut in the puttukutty (special utensil) and then put rice powder till half, now add another handful of grated coconut.
- Close the lid and steam Puttu for about 2 minutes.