Roast Monkfish Recipe
Photo Credit: http://braveapron.com/2012/07/12/pan-roasted-monkfish-with-siena-farms-summer-vegetables/
|Roast Monkfish Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 2 kg Monkfish Tail
- 240 gm Panchetta (Italian Bacon) (thinly sliced)
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste (ground)
- 1 large bunch Parsley (roughly chopped)
- 1 small bunch Chervil (roughly chopped)
- 1 large bunch Dill (roughly chopped)
- 2 Shallots (finely chopped)
- 1tbsp Butter
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How to make Roast Monkfish:
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Cut off the cartilaginous bone leaving 2" attached with flesh at the end of the tail.
- Place an aluminum foil on the surface and grease it with little olive oil.
- Arrange the panchetta slices overlapping on greased foil and place over monkfish.
- Heat butter in a pan and fry the shallots. Then grind it with dill, parsley and chervil into paste.
- Apply the paste over tail and get the halves of tails together to pack in the paste.
- Take up the hanging sides of the panchetta around the fish.
- Wrap up the foil tightly to seal the fish inside and bake it for 15-20 min.
- Serve it hot.