Polish Rye Bread Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/18285/polish-sourdough-rye-bread
|Polish Rye Bread Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
- 2 cups Rye Flour
- 1½ cups Wholemeal Flour
- 1 tbsp Milk Powder
- 1½ tsp dried Yeast
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Sunflower Seeds (to garnish)
How to make Polish Rye Bread:
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Grease a baking pan with little butter and flour.
- Sift together rye flour, wholemeal flour, milk powder, yeast, brown sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Pour olive oil and water. Mix well.
- Flour a flat surface and transfer the mixture on it. Mix well to make smooth dough.
- Grease the bowl and put back the dough in it. Keep it covered with an oiled glad wrap and allow it to double in size. Give it the desired shape and transfer into the baking pan.
- Press and drop little water on the crust of the dough. Top up with sunflower seeds.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.