Sauerkraut Pork Supper Recipe
Photo Credit: http://tastykitchen.com/blog/2010/10/a-tasty-recipe-sauerkraut-and-pork/
|Sauerkraut Pork Supper Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||210 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 4 oz Sauerkraut
- 4 pound boneless rolled Pork Loin Roast
- 14.5 oz Tomatoes (diced)
- 3 Celery Ribs (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 medium Carrots (cut in half widthwise and quartered)
- 1 medium Onion (quartered)
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh Parsley (minced)
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
How to make Sauerkraut Pork Supper:
- In a large roasting pan place half of the sauerkraut.
- Over the sauerkraut place the pork roast and top with the remaining half of the sauerkraut.
- Now spoon the tomatoes over the top and arrange the celery, carrots and onion around the roast.
- Over it sprinkle the brown sugar and add the parsley, bay leaves, oregano and pepper.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 3 ½ hours basting occasionally with the pan juices.
- Discard the bay leaves and cool for 15 minutes before slicing.