Semolina Cake Recipe
|Semolina Cake Recipe|
- 1/2 cup Blanched Almonds
- 1-1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 cup Superfine Sugar
- 7 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 cups Semolina
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 3/4 cup Yogurt
- 2 cups Water
How to make Semolina Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Take a large bowl; beat the butter, 2 cups of sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and beat well. Gradually add in semolina and baking powder.
- Add the yogurt and mix well until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into a greased 12-inch round oven proof pan. Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Cut the cake into diamond shapes and place an almond in the center of each piece.
- Put the cake again in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, make sugar syrup by adding 3 cups water and 1 cup sugar in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Now add the lemon juice and reduce the heat. Simmer for 10 minutes, then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Now pour the sugar syrup over the hot cake.
- Let the cake cool. Semolina Cake is ready to eat.