Sesame Brittle Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/sesame_brittle/
|Sesame Brittle Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Honey
- 1½ cups Sesame Seeds
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- Zest of 1 Lemon (finely grated)
- Butter or Oil (for greasing)
How to make Sesame Brittle:
- Butter a jellyroll pan or oblong pan.
- Place a deep pan on medium heat and add sugar and honey.
- Boil the mixture, stirring evenly with a metal spoon.
- Insert a candy thermometer to check the temperature of the mixture.
- When the mixture reaches 225°F, add sesame seeds, cinnamon and lemon zest. Stir well.
- Cook the mixture to form a light caramel, stirring occasionally till the temperature reaches 300-310 °F.
- Remove the pan from heat and pour the mixture into the greased pan.
- Spread the mixture and even it using a spoon. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- On cooling, loosen the mixture from the pan with a spatula.
- Cut into 1 inch wide diamonds, using a buttered knife.
- Place the cut pieces in an airtight container and stack layers of waxed papers between them.