Shahi Paneer Recipe
|Shahi Paneer Recipe|
|Rating||8.5 / 10 (79 votes)|
- 250 g Paneer/Cottage Cheese (cut into large cubes)
- 3 chopped Tomatoes
- 1 chopped Onion
- 10 Cashew Nuts (ground to fine paste)
- 1½ tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Chili Paste
- 1 tsp Tomato Paste
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- Salt (to taste)
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- A pinch of Cochineal
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- Oil/Ghee (to fry)
- 2 tbsp Oil/Ghee
- 2 tbsp chopped Coriander (to garnish)
How to make Shahi Paneer:
- Heat 2 tbsp oil/ghee in a large saucepan and fry onion, until soft.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and chili paste. Mix and fry until brown.
- Add tomatoes and fry for another 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and bring down to room temperature. Put into a blender, along with ½ cup water and tomato paste. Grind into a puree.
- Transfer back to the saucepan and bring to a boil on low heat.
- Fry paneer in hot oil/ghee and remove. Ensure that you do not brown them.
- Add garam masala, chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add cashew nut paste and cochineal. Stir and cook on low heat for 5 minutes, or until the gravy turns thick.
- Just before serving, heat the gravy and float fried paneer pieces on top.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.