Singhar Ji Mithai Recipe
Photo Credit: http://annaparabrahma.blogspot.in/2014/03/sev-barfi-or-singhar-ji-mithai.html
|Singhar Ji Mithai Recipe|
||7 Minutes |
||10 Minutes |
- 250 g Feeka Sev, unsalty
- 250 g Feeka Maava
- 250 g Sugar
- 1½ cup Water
- 6 drops White Rose Essence
- 1 Yellow Food Color
- 10 Almonds
- 10 Non- Salty Pistachios
- 1 Varq (thin edible silver foil sheet), for garnishing
How to make Singhar Ji Mithai:
- Start with heating a thick bottomed pan and melting sugar in 1 ½ cup of water in it.
- Now, add yellow color in it. Make sure to add two pinches if using powdered form or few drops if liquid color is used.
- Put sev in it and mix gently making sure that the sev is not mashed.
- Now, put unsweetened mawa in it and mix again to form a thick mixture.
- Add few drops of white rose essence in the prepared mixture, mix it and remove from the flame immediately.
- Now, take a thali and apply a little vegetable oil over it.
- Lay the mithai mixture over it evenly and use the almonds, pistachios and silver varq to garnish it.
- Let it cool and then cut into desired pieces.
- Consume the mithai within 2 to 3 days.