Split Pea Soup with Bacon Recipe
Photo Credit: https://www.ocado.com/webshop/recipe/split-pea-and-bacon-soup/1000271
|Split Pea Soup with Bacon Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 finely chopped yellow Onion
- 1 thinly sliced Celery Stalk
- 2 peeled and thinly sliced Carrots
- 1 minced clove of Garlic
- 1 1/4 cups rinsed Green Split Peas
- 6 slices thick-cut Bacon
- 7 cups Water
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground Pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped, fresh Parsley
How to make Split Pea Soup with Bacon:
- Fry onions in olive oil, heated in a large heavy pot over medium heat.
- Now add the celery, carrots to it and sauté until they become tender. Now add garlic, split peas, bacon, water and bay leaf, raise the heat to high and bring to a simmer.
- Then cover partially and cook, stirring occasionally and scraping the bottom of the pot to prevent scorching, until the peas are soft, about 1 hour.
- Remove the bacon and bay leaf from the above mixture. Discard the bay leaf. Cut the bacon into small squares and keep aside.
- Using a blender or a food processor, purée the soup until smooth and creamy. Now return the puree to the pot and reheat the soup over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Season it to taste with salt and pepper and stir in the reserved bacon.
- Ladle into warmed soup bowls, sprinkle the parsley over the tops and serve immediately.