Steamed Rice Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.chow.com/recipes/27496-basic-steamed-white-rice
|Steamed Rice Recipe|
|Calories Per Serving
- 2 cups Long Grained Rice
- 2½ cups Water
How to make Steamed Rice:
- Clean the rice by washing it under running water, till the time the water runs clear. Drain thoroughly.
- Soak the rice in 2½ cups of water for about half an hour.
- Place the rice and water in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring it to boil over high heat, stirring gently to avoid the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- When the water starts boiling rapidly, cover the pan with a lid and reduce the flame to low heat.
- Let the rice cook for around 20 minutes, till the water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let the rice stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.