Sugar Cookies Recipe
|Sugar Cookies Recipe|
||25 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Butter Shortening
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Frostings & Candies, for decorating (if desired)
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
How to make Sugar Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Beat butter and shortening on high speed for 45 seconds
- Add sugar, baking powder, and salt in it
- Beat it until combined, scraping the bowl occasionally
- Beat egg and vanilla and mix in
- Beat in flour
- stir in the remaining flour by hand.
- Divide the dough in half
- Cover it up tightly with a plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours
- On a lightly floured surface roll half of the dough out to a thickness of 1/8 inch
- Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes until the edges are firm and the bottoms are lightly browned.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack then decorate as desired.