Photo Credit: http://www.monikafoods.in/dry-fruit-rich-shree-villas-instant-thandai-perfect-festival-drink/
||120 Minutes |
||7-8 Minutes |
||9.3 / 10 (11 votes)|
- 1 liter Milk
- 2-3 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Aniseed
- 1 tbsp Almonds
- 10-12 Peppercorns
- A few Saffron Strands
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp Dried watermelon seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 1/4 Cup fresh rose petals
How to make Thandai:
- Boil the milk in a pan and allow it to cool.
- Meanwhile soak aniseed, almonds, watermelon seeds, poppy seeds and rose petals in 2 cups of water.
- Grind soaked ingredients to make a smooth paste.
- Pour remaining water into this paste and strain through muslin strainer.
- Extract the liquid into a vessel. Add the sugar, peppercorns, powdered cardamom, saffron and mix well.
- Now blend the above-made mix with milk.
- Chill for about an hour before serving.