Turkey Brine Recipe
|Turkey Brine Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||1440 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 1 gallon Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp Dried Rosemary, crushed
- 1 cup Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Dried Sage
- 1 tbsp Dried Savory
- 1 tbsp Dried Thyme
- 1 gallon Ice Water
How to make Turkey Brine :
- Take a large stock pot and combine the vegetable broth, rosemary, sea salt, sage, thyme, and savory.
- Bring it to a boil and stir it frequently to make sure that the salt is dissolved
- Remove from heat, and let it cool to room temperature
- When the broth mixture becomes cool, you can pour it into a clean 5 gallon bucket again stir in the ice water
- Wash and dry the turkey properly. You must remove the innards before cooking turkey
- Place the turkey in breast down position into the brine.
- Make sure that the cavity gets filled properly
- Now, you can place the bucket in the refrigerator overnight
- Remove the turkey carefully draining off the excess brine and pat dry
- Cook the turkey as you wish, serving the drippings for gravy.
- You must watch the temperature gauge carefully because brined turkeys cook twenty to thirty minutes faster