Vegetable Kofta Recipe
Photo Credit: http://food.ndtv.com/lists/world-vegetarian-day-classic-meat-dishes-get-a-vegetarian-makeover-696178
|Vegetable Kofta Recipe|
||50 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
||9.0 / 10 (2 votes)|
|Calories Per Serving
- For the Koftas:
- 2 Potatoes
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Beetroot
- 1 cup Peas
- 2 slices Bread
- 1 Serrano Pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp fresh Ginger (minced)
- 1 tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tsp Salt
- Vegetable Oil (for deep frying)
- For the Gravy:
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 medium Onions (chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger (minced)
- 2 tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp Coriander (ground)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric (ground)
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 cup Tomato Paste
- 3/4 cup Milk
- Salt to taste
- For Garnish:
- 1/4 cup Cream (optional)
- 2 tbsp Cashews (coarsely chopped)
How to make Vegetable Kofta:
- Pressure-cook the vegetables for 2 whistles.
- Mash the vegetables well once they are cooked.
- Moisten the bread slices in water for 2 minutes. Squeeze out the excess water.
- In a bowl mix the vegetables, Serrano, onion, ginger, cilantro and salt.
- Form small balls out of it.
- Take a deep frying pan and heat oil.
- Put the vegetable balls and fry it until the color turns golden brown.
- Drain the fried koftas on paper towels and let it cool.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Add onions, ginger, garlic, coriander, turmeric and garam masala.
- Sauté it well until the onion is softened.
- Into it add tomato paste and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add milk and salt into the mixture.
- Cook the mixture for 10-15 minutes until the gravy thickens by stirring occasionally.
- Add the koftas into the gravy and let it boil for another 3 minutes.
- Garnish it with cream and cashews before serving.
- Vegetable kofta is all ready to take up your appetite!
Serve best with roti, naan and chapathi.