Vegetarian Haggis Recipe
|Vegetarian Haggis Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1 small Carrot, finely chopped
- 5 Fresh Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1/3 cup Dry Red Lentils
- 2 tbsp Canned Kidney Beans (drained, rinsed & mashed)
- 3 tbsp Ground Peanuts
- 2 tbsp Ground Hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1½ tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 pinch Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1½ tsp Mixed Spice
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1-1/3 cups Steel-cut Oats
How to make Vegetarian Haggis:
- Take a saucepan and heat vegetable oil in it, over medium heat.
- When hot, saute onions in the oil, until they become tender.
- Add the carrot and mushrooms and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Now, put broth, lentils, kidney beans, peanuts, hazelnuts, soy sauce, and lemon juice in the mixture and stir well.
- Garnish it with thyme, rosemary, cayenne pepper, and mixed spice and bring it to a boil.
- Once the mixture has boiled, reduce the heat to low and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Now, add steel cut oats to it, cover it and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease a 5x9 inch baking pan.
- Stir the egg into the saucepan.
- Transfer the prepared mixture to the baking pan and bake for 30 minutes, making sure that it is firm.
- Serve hot.