Zafrani Sherbet Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.polkacafe.com/traditional-indian-summer-drinks-1187.html
|Zafrani Sherbet Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
- 6 cups Milk
- 10-12 strands Saffron (Kesar)
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- A pinch of Green Cardamom Powder
- 10-12 Almonds (blanched and slivered)
- 6-8 Pistachios (blanched and slivered)
- 4 scoops Kesar Ice-Cream
How to make Zafrani Sherbet:
- Soak saffron in little milk and keep aside.
- Heat milk in a thick-bottomed vessel and bring to a boil.
- In a thick-bottomed pan, boil milk and then simmer it for ten minutes till thick.
- Now add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron to the milk and simmer for another five to six minutes till creamy.
- Turn off the heat and add almonds and pistachios and mix. Refrigerate.
- Pour out the sherbet in four tall glasses and add one scoop of kesar ice cream.