Photo Credit: http://www.mumsnet.com/food/recipe/2288-Chicken-zorba
||25 Minutes |
- 8 oz Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 1 large Cucumber (peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 4 tbsp Mauntano Mint (minced)
- ½ cup fresh leaves Mint
- 3/4 Cup Olive Oil
- ½ cup Black Olives
- 2 tbsp Oregano
- 2 medium Red Peppers (cut into 1/2-inch squares)
- 2 medium Green Peppers (chopped)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- 4 medium Tomatoes (coarsely chopped)
- ¼ cup Vinegar
How to make Zorba:
- Combine tomatoes, onion, cucumber, and peppers in a large bowl.
- Blend garlic, salt, mint leaves, oregano, thyme, sugar, olive oil, and vinegar in an electric mixer.
- Shift this paste into a glass jar, cover tightly, and store in a cool place for several hours.
- Bring it on room temperature and shake well.
- Pour over the bowl containing vegetables.
- Spread crumbled cheese and olives.
- Garnish with minced mint and serve cold.