Zucchini and Rice Casserole Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.dishmaps.com/zucchini-rice-gratin/9977
|Zucchini and Rice Casserole Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1½ cups Water
- ½ cup White Rice (uncooked)
- 2 pounds Zucchini
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted)
How to make Zucchini and Rice Casserole:
- Pour water in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Add rice and boil the water again.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan. Cook rice till it turns tender.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Preheat the oven's broiler section.
- Chop the ends of zucchini and steam them till tender.
- Set aside two zucchini for garnishing and dice the rest.
- Place butter and oil in a saucepan and heat to melt the butter.
- Add rice and diced zucchini. Sauté well, till the zucchini turns golden, stirring frequently.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in the beaten eggs.
- Pour the preparation into a greased baking dish.
- Slice the reserved zucchini for garnishing.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs and sliced zucchini on top.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the mixture.
- Put the dish into the broiler and broil 6 inches away from heat, till it is lightly browned and bubbly.
- Serve hot.