New Year's Eve is a prefect time to put your best foot forward. This is the most happening time of the year, when you can definitely get initiated into the category of social A-listers, by attending the most happening New Year's parties around the town. However, only attending these parties is not enough, what you need besides your charming self, to leave a lasting impression is a spectacular style statement that radiates not just your joy to welcome the New Year, but also the somberness to let go of the passing year. The first step towards creating a ravishing appearance is to zero in on a perfect dress for you. Forget about the color of the season if you are really plan on looking extraordinary, as all others will also be wearing it. You'll find many such useful tips in this article that'll assist you in looking absolutely a head turner at New Year Eve's parties.
Ideas for New Year Dresses
This article highlights some of the best New Year dresses that you can wear to different New Year's Eve parities.
New Year Dresses
- Firstly, the most important thing that you need to figure out before choosing a dress for yourself is the dress code for the party that you are about to attend. If it happens to be a casual get together, with close friends and acquaintances, then dressing like a supermodel in a branded outfit will make you feel and look completely out of place. Therefore, confirm the dress code from the host before you go out on a heavy duty shopping spree for your New Year party dress.
- An important aspect of the dress is its color; therefore, you must pay special attention towards it because it just doesn’t have to suit you but the occasion as well. Jewel tones look most ravishing in winters and are part of the latest fashion trends as well. You can select from colors like purple, red, indigo, teal, etc. However, the safest color to opt for that suits all occasions is black, but you will never be able to standout from the crowd wearing the LBD (little black dress), since it is very common. So go for other darker shades that suit your completion.
- Next falls in the selection of the perfect cut of the cocktail dress for you. While you might want to experiment with the latest trends and look as sleek as the model wearing it in the latest fashion magazine, resist because yours and hers are most probably completely two different body types. Choose a dress that has a simple cut and flatters your figure. A hugging silk dress, with intricately embroidered neckline would certainly look nice. The dress doesn’t necessarily have to be short because if you are uncomfortable with skin show, wearing a too short dress will make you look uneasy.
- If you are attending an ultra glamorous do, then make sure to opt for a dress with appropriate sequins and metallic fashion accessories that add the oomph factor in your attire. However, do not to go overboard with the ‘bling factor’; otherwise you might end up looking like a walking-talking disco ball.
- To add some more elegance and glamour quotient to your New Year party outfit, pay special attention towards the accessories you can use to accentuate it, like jewelry, clutch purse, and shoes. If you are planning to wear ostentatious chandelier earrings, then balance them out by skipping on the neckpiece. Carry an elegant clutch that enhances the appearance of your attire. Keep the accessories minimalistic, so that you can truly look your best. Pair your dress with contrasting colored heels; this will make for a great style statement.
- If you are going with a simple yet graceful dress, then you can certainly add to it by opting for an interesting hair style and makeup. As far as makeup is concerned, emphasize on eye make-up – go for smoky eyes or glitter eyes, depending on what suits you best. Avoid dark lip shades and opt for lighter ones, such as pink, brown and peach, as these will bring out the feminine elegance in you.
- However, all said and done, the real essence of looking good is just being you. If you are comfortable and confident, then no matter what you wear, will look great on you. And do not forget to bring along that 1000-watt smile.