Are you looking for some interesting New Year quotes? If yes, explore this piece of writing for a few New Year quotes.
Famous Quotes On New Year
The invitations are sent, the decorations, food and drinks are arranged for and the gifts are all packed and ready to be exchanged. Greetings, cards and raising toasts, if these methods sound obsolete and quite familiar to you and if you wish to try out a totally new way to send across New Year wishes, read through the lines that follow. New Year is generally viewed as the time to indulge in celebrations, partying, sharing of gifts and visiting friends. Amongst all the glitter and glamour of the celebration, what we neglect and tend to forget is that along with the license to stay awake all night and celebrate, New Year also provides us with an opportunity to introspect and dwell upon the course of your life in the preceding year. A year has passed by and we are ready to welcome the New Year with new hopes, new opportunities and new possibilities. These famous quotes and witty sayings on New Year's Day will prepare you to face the New Year with a rejuvenated mind set. Read on to get to know more.
- An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. - Bill Vaughan
- Then sing, young hearts that are full of cheer, With never a thought of sorrow; The old goes out, but the glad young year Comes merrily in tomorrow. - Emily Miller
- The proper behaviour all through the holiday season is to be drunk. This drunkenness culminates on New Year's Eve, when you get so drunk you kiss the person you're married to. - P.J. O'Rourke
- Ring out the old, ring in the new, Ring, happy bells, across the snow: The year is going, let him go; Ring out the false, ring in the true. Lord Tennyson
- We meet today To thank Thee for the era done, And Thee for the opening one. - John Greenleaf Whittier
- Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to. - Bill Vaughan
- The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G. K. Chesterton
- Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbours, and let each New Year find you a better man. - Benjamin Franklin
- Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instil in us. - Hal Borland
- We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day. - Edith Lovejoy Pierce quotes