Agra Ka Petha Recipe
|Agra Ka Petha Recipe|
|Preparation Time||10 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||25 Minutes|
|Rating||7.0 / 10 (16 votes)|
- 1 kg Ash Gourd (Petha) (peeled and cut)
- 1 tsp Alum Powder (Phitkari)
- 750 g Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
How to make Agra Ka Petha:
- Take the ash gourd pieces and prick it with a fork.
- Place the pieces in a large pan filled with water and add alum powder to it. Boil it for fifteen minutes and take off from heat. Drain and wash it thoroughly under cold water.
- In a pan, take one cup of water and add sugar to it and cook it till the sugar is dissolved.
- Add lemon juice to the sugar syrup and lower the flame and add the cooked ash gourd to it.
- Cook till the ash gourd is completely cooked and the sugar syrup is thread like consistency.
- Take off from heat and arrange the pethas in a tray, so that they do not stick to each other.
- Allow it to cool completely.