Almond Cashew Chicken Recipe
Photo Credit: http://chenschinesebistro.com/?cat=15
|Almond Cashew Chicken Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
||Non Veg. |
- 3 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 2½ cups Chicken Cubes (skinless & boneless)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 (1-inch) Cinnamon Sticks
- ¼ tsp Cloves
- 2 Cardamoms
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 cup Onions (chopped finely)
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 4 tbsp Tomato Paste
- ½ tsp Sugar
- ¼ cup Almond Paste
- ¼ cup salted Cashews (fried and chopped coarsely)
- 1 tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
How to make Almond Cashew Chicken:
- Combine flour, curry powder, salt, and pepper together in a large plate.
- Roll the chicken cubes into the flour mixture and coat properly. Reserve the remaining flour.
- Heat butter in a frying pan and fry the chicken cubes until tender and golden brown. Shift into a platter.
- Heat oil in the same pan and fry bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, and cardamom.
- Add onions and fry until light golden.
- Stir in ginger-garlic paste, almond paste, and tomato paste.
- Add chicken broth, chicken cubes, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer on low heat for 7-8 minutes.
- Combine the milk with the reserved flour and sugar. Add to the pan and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until the gravy thickens.
- Remove from heat and discard bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, and cardamom.
- Sprinkle cashews and cilantro.
- Serve hot with chapattis.