Andhra Upma Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.weavethousandflavors.com/2010/01/upma-a-quintessential-south-indian-dish.html
|Andhra Upma Recipe|
||25 Minutes |
||10 Minutes |
||7.2 / 10 (10 votes)|
- 1 cup roasted semolina (sooji, rava)
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 onion finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds( Jeera)
- 1 Green Chilly(chopped)
- 1 inch Ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds or Rai
- 1 tsp urad dal
- Curry Leaves (few)
- 5-6 Cashew Nuts
- 2 and half cup water
- Salt to taste
How to make Andhra Upma:
- In a pan, heat oil add mustard seeds. Once the seeds pop out , add the cashew nuts, jeera, onions, ginger, green chilly, chana, curry leaves and urad dal.
- Deep fry them.
- Add water to the mixture and boil it. Add salt. When the water is boiling , add the roasted semolina to it.
- Keep on mixing them well, otherwise it forms lumps.
- Mix everything well after the semolina is added.
- In a low flame and simmer the upma for about 2-3 minutes.
- Keep stirring well, so that it does not stick to the pan.
- Garnish it with coriander/cilantro leaves.
Serve it hot with some slices of lime or coconut chutney.