Anjeer Slice Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.bawarchi.com/recipe/anjeer-slices-oerthTiijdfce.html
|Anjeer Slice Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (4 votes)|
- 500 gm Dried figs (anjeer), chopped, soaked in water for 2 hours
- 100 gm Khoya, finely crumbled
- 100 gm Almonds & pistachios, each halved
- 300 gm Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Silver foil, if desired
How to make Anjeer Slice:
- Drain soaked figs (anjeer) and mash them in a mixie for few seconds.
- Mix crushed figs, khoya and sugar in a non-stick pan.
- Put the pan with mixture on low heat.
- Stir constantly till a soft lump is formed.
- Add cardamom powder and halved nuts in it and mix well.
- Take off the mixture from heat and cool it.
- Place the mixture in a tray and flatten slightly from top.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Cover the pieces with silver foil if desired.
- Now put the mixture tray in refrigerator till the pieces become slightly hard.
- Cut them into half inch thick slices with a sharp knife.
- Decorate with desired dry fruits and serve it.