Banana Parfait Recipe
|Banana Parfait Recipe|
- ½ cup of Candied Fruit (finely cut apricots, pineapple, cherries, etc.)
- 1¼ cups of Banana Pulp (about 3 bananas)
- ¾ cup Sugar
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- 3 tbsp Jamaica Rum
- 1½ cups Double Cream
How to make Banana Parfait:
- Cook the banana pulp, sugar and lemon juice until overcooked throughout.
- Beat the cream till firm.
- Soak the candied fruit several hours or overnight in the rum (heavy sugar syrup may be used in place of the rum). If the alcohol or syrup is not used, the fruit will freeze too hard to be eaten.
- Fold the mixture together and turn into parfait glasses.
- Serve with a generous scoop of ice cream.