Bitter Gourd Fry Recipe
Photo Credit: http://paddusrecipehouse.blogspot.in/2011/09/kakarakayi-fry-bitter-gourd-fry.html
|Bitter Gourd Fry Recipe|
||9.4 / 10 (5 votes)|
- 2 Bitter Gourds (de-seeded and cut into round pieces)
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Refined Oil
- 1 ltr Boiled Water
How to make Bitter Gourd Fry:
- Add 1 teaspoon chili powder and 1 teaspoon salt to the boiled water.
- Put the bitter gourd pieces in boiled water and cover it for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water. This will reduce the bitterness of the bitter gourds.
- Mix the pieces with the remaining chili powder and salt and turmeric powder.
- Place a kadai on flame and heat oil in it.
- Shallow fry the bitter gourd pieces on both sides, till they turn golden brown.
- Remove and wrap with tissues, to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot with sambar and rice.