Indian Recipes : Brown Poha Recipe
Brown Poha is a tasty healthy variation of the very popular good old poha Learn how to make/prepare Brown Pohe by following this easy recipe.
Brown Poha Recipe
• 3 cups Brown Pressed Rice (Poha)
• 1 medium Potato (boiled and cut into cubes)
• 1 medium Onion (chopped)
• 1/4 cup Green Peas (boiled)
• 2 Green Chillies (slit)
• 10-12 Curry Leaves
• 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
• 2 tbsp Oil
• 3 tbsp Roasted Peanuts
• 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
• Salt to taste
• 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
• 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves
How to make Brown Poha:
• Soak the brown pressed rice for fifteen minutes and drain the water completely.
• In a pan heat the oil and add mustard seeds, curry leaves, onion and green chillies and sauté for a while till the onion changes color.
• Toss in the potatoes and stir and add roasted peanuts and turmeric powder to it.
• Add soaked brown pohe and salt and stir to mix. Cook for two-three minutes.
• Once the potato is cooked, add brown pressed rice and salt and cook till soft.
• Add green peas, lemon juice and coriander leaves and mix well.
• Serve hot.
In the US we cannot easily get brown rice Poha. Do you have any suggestions for where we might get it in the US?
Submitted by: Han
posted : 02-Jun-2014 03:42 PM
Recipe of the Month
Paneer Pakora is a very common recipe for rainy season. Learn how to...