Buttermilk Khichidi Recipe
Photo Credit: https://mindbrewblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/18/buttermilk-khichadi/
|Buttermilk Khichidi Recipe|
- 1½ cups Ordinary Rice
- 5 cups Buttermilk
- 1 tbsp Gram Dal, Urad Dal & Cashew-bits (mixed)
- 2 stalks Curry Leaves
- 2 Red Chilies
- 2 tbsp Ghee or Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
How to make Buttermilk Khichidi:
- Place a large cooking pan on fire and heat ghee in it.
- Add the mixed dals and cashew-bits.
- When they turn light brown, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves, red chilies and buttermilk.
- Next, add salt and rice and cover the pan.
- Cook the rice on low heat, till cooked.
- Garnish with coriander and serve piping hot.