Carrot Methi Subzi Recipe
Photo Credit: http://idiva.com/news-ifood/diabetic-friendly-indian-recipes-carrot-methi-sabzi/32019
|Carrot Methi Subzi Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
||7.7 / 10 (3 votes)|
- 2 cup Carrots, cut into cubes
- 2 cup Fenugreek Leaves (methi), chopped
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds (jeera)
- ½ cup Onions, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 Green Chilies, finely chopped
- 1 large Garlic Clove, finely chopped
- 12-mm piece Ginger, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder (dhania)
- 2 tsp Oil
- Salt (to taste)
How to make Carrot Methi Subzi:
- Take a non-stick pan and heat oil in it. Add cumin seeds.
- When the seeds start to crackle, put onions, green chilies, garlic and ginger in it and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now, add fenugreek leaves and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add carrots, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and a cup of water to this mixture and stir.
- Cook this mixture on slow flame and let the moisture evaporate from it. Make sure that the carrots are tender.
- Serve hot with rotis.