Chakara Pongal Recipe
|Chakara Pongal Recipe|
|Rating||9.0 / 10 (7 votes)|
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/4 cup Green Gram
- 1-1/2 cup Jaggery
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Ghee
- 4 Cloves (fried in ghee)
- 1 tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 1/4 cup Cashews (fried in ghee)
- 1/4 cup Raisins(fried in ghee)
- 4 Cardamoms (powdered)
How to make Chakara Pongal:
- Take rice and moong dal in a pan and roast them until dal starts to change its color.
- Now add 3 cups of water , milk and cook it till the rice becomes tender.
- In a separate pan take water and add jaggery to it.
- Heat it till the later melts completely.
- Now mix this with the cooked rice and stir properly.
- Add ghee and keep stirring.
- Garnish with nuts, cardamom powder and serve.