Chicken Dhansak Recipe
Photo Credit: http://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/chicken-dhansak.html
|Chicken Dhansak Recipe|
||4.7 / 10 (6 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- 500g Chicken Breast
- 300g Tuar Dal
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Sunflower Oil
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 3 Onions (chopped)
- 3 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 6 pods Garlic (crushed)
- 1 tbsp Tamarind Paste
- 1 twig Mint Leaves (chopped)
- 1 bunch Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 1 large Potato (cut into 1.5 inches pieces)
How to make Chicken Dhansak:
- Wash the chicken and cut it into equal pieces. Let it marinate in the mixture of salt, ginger and garlic paste for overnight.
- Wash tuar dal and put it in a pressure cooker. Also add onions, potato chunks, tomato, mint leaves, coriander leaves and water in the cooker. Cook it for 6 to 7 minutes, and then turn off the flame.
- Meanwhile, boil the chicken pieces in a separate pan until they turn tender.
- Blend the mixture of cooked vegetables and dal until fine. Add more water, if necessary. It should be of custard like consistency.
- In a serving bowl, place the drained chicken pieces and pour the mixture of dal and vegetables over them.
- For tarka, heat oil in a pan and put garlic into it. Let it fry for a minute or two. Pour this over the above-made dhansak.
- Chicken Dhansak is ready. Serve it with boiled rice.