Chicken Jalfrezi Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.netmums.com/recipes/chicken-jalfrezi
|Chicken Jalfrezi Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 500 gm Chicken (boneless)
- 1 Onion (finely grinned)
- 4 cloves Garlic (slit in mid)
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds (crushed)
- 2 tsp Coriander Seeds (crushed)
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 10 gm Chili Powder
- 8 Tomatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 tsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 2 tbsp fresh Ginger Root (grated)
- 1 bunch Cilantro Leaves (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt (to taste)
How to make Chicken Jalfrezi:
- Place a pan over a medium heat stove and pour the oil.
- Stir-fry the onions until golden brown.
- Add the garlic and ginger and saute for 2 minutes.
- Thereafter, stir in chicken along with turmeric, chili powder and salt (2 tsp).
- Fry the chicken for 10 minutes, or till the liquid is evaporated.
- Add the tomatoes and stir for a minute.
- Cover the pan and allow the meat to simmer for 20 minutes by lowering the flame.
- Remove the cover, add the ghee, cumin, coriander and chopped cilantro.
- Mix everything together and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and put aside.
Best serve with rice and paratha.