Chicken Makhani Recipe
Photo Credit: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Chicken_makhani.jpg
|Chicken Makhani Recipe|
||9.8 / 10 (8 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- 450 gms Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 1 tbsp Peanut oil
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 cup plain Yogurt
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 cup Tomato Puree
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Shallot (finely chopped)
- 1/4 White Onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Water
How to make Chicken Makhani:
- Heat 1-tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Saute shallot and onion until it becomes soft and translucent.
- Add butter, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, 1-teaspoon garam masala, chili powder, cumin and bay leaf into the saucepan. Cook it for 1 minute.
- Then add tomato sauce, and cook for 2 minutes, stir it frequently. Stir in cream and yogurt.
- Reduce heat to low.Now again heat it for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Season it with salt pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat 1-tablespoon oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken until it turns lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat, and season with 1-teaspoon garam masala and cayenne.
- Stir in a few spoonfuls of sauce, and simmer until liquid has reduced, and chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir cooked chicken into sauce.
- Mix together cornstarch and water, and then stir into the sauce.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.