Chicken Saagwala Recipe
Photo Credit: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1893724
|Chicken Saagwala Recipe|
||9.0 / 10 (5 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- 1 Chicken-cut into pieces
- 3 Cups pureed spinach
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 Cup onions-grated
- 1/4 Cup tomato puree
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Powdered red pepper
- 1 tsp Powdered coriander seeds
- Cream for garnish
How to make Chicken Saagwala:
- Heat about 1 cup of oil and add cumin, when it splutters, add bay leaf, ginger and the garlic, and sauté till a light brown.
- Add onions and sauté till soft.
- Add the chicken over high heat and turn around till opaque.
- Lower the heat and let it cook, stirring a few times, till tender.
- Add tomato puree and stir fry till fat separates.
- Add the salt, garam masala and the red pepper and stir till well mixed.
- Add spinach and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn around a few times and serve hot garnished with the cream.
- Chicken Saagwala is ready.