Chicken Tagine Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.culinaryanthropologist.org/chicken-lemon-and-olive-tagine/
|Chicken Tagine Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 8 skinless, boneless Chicken Thighs (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 Eggplant (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 large Onions (thinly sliced)
- 4 large Carrots (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup dried Cranberries
- ½ cup chopped dried Apricots
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1½ tsp ground Cumin
- 1½ tsp ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Couscous
How to make Chicken Tagine:
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir fry chicken and eggplant, until the chicken is evenly browned but not cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the chicken and eggplant in a slow cooker.
- Cover with onions, carrots, cranberries, and apricots.
- Mix the chicken broth with rest of the ingredients, except water and couscous, in a large bowl. Pour over the chicken and vegetables.
- Cook on high flame for 5 hours.
- Boil water in a pot and add couscous.
- Leave it covered for 5 minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Slightly smash and combine with the cooked chicken.
- Serve hot.