Chocolate Roll Cake Recipe
|Chocolate Roll Cake Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- For the Sponge:
- 6 Eggs
- 130 g Maida
- 150 g Icing Sugar
- 6 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Salt (to taste)
For the Filling:
- 150 g Chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 2 tbsp Cream
- 30 g Whipping Cream
- Chopped Strawberries (as required)
- Chopped Raspberries (as required)
How to make Chocolate Roll Cake:
- Preheat oven to 200 °C.
- Line parchment paper in a rectangular pan, placing it 2 inches out from each side of the pan.
- Wet chocolate with enough hot water and stir to melt. Stir in cream and keep to the side.
- Take whipping cream in another bowl and beat until it thickens.
- Combine egg yolks with sugar in a fresh bowl and beat until light and creamy.
- Add maida, cocoa, and baking powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Beat egg whites with salt in another bowl and beat until it forms peaks.
- Add to the egg yolk mixture and stir gently.
- Transfer the batter into the rectangular pan.
- Bake for about 5-10 minutes and leave aside to cool.
- Take a long parchment paper and coat it with icing sugar.
- Place the sponge cake on it. Holding the hanging sides of paper, press the cake gently.
- Add on the chocolate filling evenly and top up with cream. Reserve ½ inch of the cake from the end.
- Lay the fruits on the cake and start rolling from the longer edge with the help of paper. Insert the end side. Top up with chopped fruits and refrigerate.
- Cut the cake into slices and serve.