Christmas Satsuma Syllabub Recipe
|Christmas Satsuma Syllabub Recipe|
||8.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 4 Satsuma's (a kind of plum)
- 11/2 Cup Double Cream
- 1 tbsp Caster/Superfine Sugar/Apricot jam/jelly to taste
- Curls of Satsuma skin to decorate
How to make Christmas Satsuma Syllabub:
- Wash 2 of the Satsuma and finely grate the zest into a bowl.
- Add the cream. Stir, cover and leave for at least 30 minutes.
- Strain the cream through a nylon sieve into another bowl, pressing through as much of the oily rind as possible to give flavor.
- Squeeze the juice from the entire Satsuma and add to the cream.
- Half whisk the cream. Then add sugar or jam to it and stir.
- Whisk again gently to prevent curdling, until the mixture forms soft peaks, and then spoon it into small individual glasses.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Decorate with Satsuma curls and serve within 1 hour.